The Oregon Department of Education has released the At-A-Glance Special Education Profiles.
May 21, 2020
Media Contact: Marc Siegel
At-A-Glance Special Education Profiles Released
(Salem, Ore.) – At-A-Glance Special Education Profiles (previously Special Education Report Cards) showing special education data for Oregon school districts and Early Intervention/Early Childhood Special Education programs are now available on the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) website. The profiles are a federally mandated compilation of results from the 2018-2019 school year as required by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act.*
The data reflect trends such as an increasing graduation rate and decreasing dropout rate. The profiles also show Oregon’s strength compared to national figures when it comes to identifying children with special needs at a very young age and providing them with appropriate and timely services.
The At-A-Glance Special Education Profiles have been redesigned to align with the At-A-Glance School and District Profiles and include graphics showing the special education figures for each district and program compared to state specified targets in 10 categories:
- Graduation rate – both 4-year and 5-year cohort
- Dropout rate
- Timelines for referrals and eligibility determination
- Child find for infants, toddlers, and children with disabilities
- Least Restrictive Environment – students served as much as possible with non-disabled peers
- Academic Participation
- Post-secondary outcomes when students with disabilities exit special education
- Disproportionality related to over- or under-representation in special education and over- or under-representation within specific disability category
- Parent survey results
- Child outcomes for infants, toddlers, and preschool children receiving special education services
More information can be found on the At-A-Glance Special Education Profiles webpage.
*Note: All of the data is for the 2018-19 school year with the exception of Graduation Rates, Dropout Rates and Suspension/Expulsion which are from 2017-18.